Monday 8 October 2007

Finally I am inspired to blog on the Amarnath trip that I went to in 2005, thanks to Mom and Dad who are visiting the north and east of India now. The trip mainly was to Amarnath, we did visit a few places before and after that.
We started off with Delhi. Nothing much to say about Delhi except that people never obey traffic signals! Yeah, stress on "never"... they just keep going as if the lights don't mean anything. And another thing I felt strongly at that time was that I hated Delhi weather (its a natural feeling for someone born and brought up in Bangalore I guess :-))

A picture taken near the Qutub Minar, Delhi

Our next stop was at Jalandhar in Punjab. We visited the SriDevi temple there. Punjab is a rich state and thats known. But I must mention that I was surprised and pleased by the fact that they provided refrigerated water to general public on the streets :-)

A view of the Sridevi Mandir, Jalandhar, Punjab




















The above two pictures show the streets of Punjab, the second one with paintings on the street.

1 comment:

karthik c said...

loved the first snap :-)
good stuff ashu